Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

Whew! In less that six hours I will be on the plane and off to Holland. Still... it is NOT sinking in. Much too much craziness has happened in the last week. Howie got traded to Owen Sound on the final week that I had off so it was a bit of a juggling act to try to see him as much as possible. To top it off, we got into a car accident on Saturday night driving home from Owen Sound. Just four days before I had to leave...

It was so shocking, happened in less than three seconds but the aftermath lasts a lot longer. Both of the cars involved were basically totalled. Howie's was definitely not worth fixing so he's going to be without a car. I banged my head against the passenger window and was a little stiff these few days but luckily no one was hurt. The accident left us both quite rattled, I hate to leave at a time like this. Between finishing my work report and being shook up about the accident, I haven't had much time to think about my exchange.

Being the last minute kind of gal that I am, I have just finished my packing (I know.. Loretta would be ashamed... she had a "practice pack" like two weeks before she left) I had to make some tough calls as I can only have two pieces of luggage under 50 pounds. In the end, I decided that Holland must have it's own hairdryers so I decided to leave that one at home. We are planning to be at Pearson at 3:00pm as my flight leaves at 5:50pm. Thankfully, dad didn't feel the five hour early arrival was necessary this time. (For those that don't know, we arrived before the cleaning crew on a family vacation way back when)


So next time you read my blog, it will be written from authentic Netherlands itself. Say a little prayer for me at 5:50 when I take off!!

No comments: